Monday, July 19, 2010

Biggest Loser: Nadine

Okay, so it's been a couple of years since I looked in here and no, I never did shift that extra 5 kilos. In fact I've had another baby and now weigh, not 5, but 7 and a half kilo's above my ideal weight! I'm breast feeding so I think weight loss needs to be slow and steady so my milk supply isn't affected. I've developed a passion for ZUMBA which will hopefully work in my favour! During the last couple of weeks I've had plenty of visitors that needed feeding up and Anakin and I celebrated our birthdays with delicious chocolate cakes of course! Some of which is still in the fridge, so expect my food consumption to still contain delicious things, but just every second day I hope! As I've mentioned the mere thought of actual "dieting" makes me want to shovel things in my mouth twice as regularly. I love to bake with the kids and much of my social life revolves around shared meals and morning teas with friends and family and I don't want this to change too much. A few tweeks to my eating habits plus regular exercise to increase my muscle mass will have to be enough to give my metabolism the boost it needs to disappear the puddin' and give me back some bitching curves and muscular definition. A little modification has been made to the stats below and everything else still applies! xx

Nadine, 36, 161.5cms
Initial weight: 57.7kg
Goal weight: 50kg - 52kg
My Strategies: 1) Increase cardio' exercise (Zumba twice weekly, hill walks pushing Anakin and André in his Ergo, cross-trainer). 2) Choose fresh raw food before lunch. 3) Eat dinner as early as possible and then no more eating. 4) Ease back on the cream consumption and other unhealthy fats. 5)Try to get more sleep. 6) Drink more water.
Synopsis: I have a penchant for tea and cake (or danish or chocolate or whatever else is going...) and the dinners I cook are often rich and heavy (and tasty!) Although my diet is mostly healthy I tend to overeat and I don't help matters any by being less active than I should. My saving grace is that I don't drink sugary drinks (no softdrink, alcohol or sweeteners) and I've never really "dieted", (my body knows it's going to be fed regularly and in abundance so doesn't bother storing too much). Calorie counting is too much fuss for me but I do think keeping a "Food and Exercise Journal" will help me restrain from eating random things on-the-go (or every time I happen to be in the kitchen!) And help keep me motivated and accountable. I don't want to deny myself too much so I'm hoping the few strategies above will do the trick and shift the few extra kilo's I have retained since my last pregnancy.
My Motivation: Getting married in November! I can't wait to fit into my clothes nicely again, without it all squeezing out over the top and buttons popping when I sit down! I want to look scintillating for my partner ;) Love to see the cellulite disappear.
My Reward: If I reach my goal I'm considering buying myself a treadmill.
My Tips: Plan ahead so you don't have to prepare food when you're really hungry, this tends to be when you shovel any old thing in for a quick fix. Only eat calories, don't drink them as well(unless of course it's a healthy juice or smoothie and replaces solid food). If you are going to treat yourself to something nice, sit down and really enjoy it! Notice how good it is.

2 comments:

Kisses said...

Mmmm how was that left over birthday cake! Tiff x

Kisses said...

Haven't eaten it... YET!
Maybe you could go into dashboard and figure out how to be a co- contributor so we don't both come up the same? (Not that I mind if it stays like this) xx